Homeowners Government Grants
The Government has announced a New Green Homes Grant to up to £5,000 in vouchers for insulation. The New Green Homes Grant is a £2 billion fund aimed to provide FREE home insulation to around 600,000 homes throughout the UK. UK homeowners contribute 40% to the UK carbon footprint through poorly insulated homes, so the New Green Homes Grant is aimed at contributing to reducing this, supporting the Government goals for 2050.
New Green Homes Grant Homeowners
The £5,000 grant will provide a 66% grant to all homeowners to improve insulation and install energy saving technologies, by accredited installers such as Absolute Solar. The New Green Homes Grant for Low Income Homeowners is worth up to £10,000, see below for qualifying details. Qualifying homeowner energy saving and homeowner energy generating installations must be installed from September 1st will qualify for the £5,000 voucher and will run for 1 year until September 2021, contact us to learn more.
How much money you are losing through uninsulated areas of your home?
Typical houses with limited insultation 35% of the heat will be lost from the walls. The roof will lose around 25%, followed by the windows and doors, collectively losing anything between 20% to 25%.
Insulation acts like a blanket around your home that prevents heat from escaping through the walls and roof, uniformly spreading the heat around the home. It can also help to prevent your home getting too hot in the summer.
By installing the correct levels of Loft and Cavity Wall insulation you could save as much as £460* on your energy bills per year, under Energy Company Obligation scheme (ECO3).
Some other benefits of Insulation
Other than helping to reduce your energy bills there are many benefits that come with insulating your home including;
- If you want to sell or rent) your property you will need an EPC, showing how energy efficient your home is, insulating your home with raise EPC.
- Insulation is excellent at absorbing sound and can reduce noise through your home
- Insulation is one of the main ways of actively reducing your Carbon Footprint by reducing the consumption of fossil fuel used to heat your home.
Absolute Solar Loft Insulation
By installing the adequate amount of insulation into the loft area homes can save up to £215* a year on your heating bills. By stopping the heat rising from the home out of the roof we can reduce how much energy is needed to heat the house. Combine this insulation energy saving with other insulation measures a typical home can save up to £460 per year.
Cavity Wall Insulation for Homeowners
Cavity Wall Insulation is a simple process of insulating the cavity between your home’s outer walls with a mineral wool or platinum bead material. Cavity wall alone can save up to £245* a year on your heating bills by keeping the heat inside the walls of the house. Combined with other insulation practices this saving will increase energy savings for a typical home.
Solar Panel Systems
Absolute solar is an award winning solar panel installer. We design, install and manage homeowner solar panel systems ensuring you save money on your utility electricity bills. From 1.5KW up to 4KW solar panel arrays are ideal for homeowners to generate their own electricity, learn more about our solar panel systems by clicking this link https://absolutesolar.co.uk/solar-photovoltaic-pv/.
Like to learn how much electricity you could save, then check out the Energy Saving Trust PV Calculator here:- https://www.pvfitcalculator.energysavingtrust.org.uk
Solar Panel and Battery Storage Systems
Solar panels with battery storage enable a homeowner to become grid neutral for up to 8 months per year, reducing your annual electricity bills significantly. Over 66% of domestic energy consumption is during early mornings and evening when there is no solar energy. With solar and battery storage a homeowner can generate electricity during the day, store it in a managed battery for when you need it during the evening and early morning, reducing your electricity bills significantly. Learn more about our award winning solar panel and battery storage solutions at https://absolutesolar.co.uk/prime-hybrid-energy/.
New Green Homes Grant Low Income Homeowners
For homeowners on low incomes (see qualifying criteria below) there is a grant of up to £10,000, which could save homeowners up to £600 per year through better insulation.
Energy Company Obligation scheme (ECO3)
Ensuring your home is insulated to ECO3 standards will save you money on your energy bills. Through the current government backed Energy Company Obligation scheme (ECO3), there is also funding available to anyone in receipt of the following benefits, offering financial support to install loft and cavity wall insulation:
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Tax Credits (Including Working and Child Tax Credit) *
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independent Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Allowance
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
*For Child Benefit, you must earn below a certain threshold based on the number of people in your family, please refer to the table below. You will be required to sign a self-declaration to confirm that your income is below one of these thresholds based on your family circumstances, for more information on this and to see the form you are required to sign please click here.
In this circumstance a child is typically 16 or under and living with you, or under 20 if in approved education, the income is your combined household income before tax and including all benefits.
Why Choose Absolute Solar?
- A FREE home energy survey (subject to status)
- Simple no obligation quotation
- Insta approved member since 1989
- BBA Approved, DBS checked, highly experienced installers
- BBA Certified Bead or Mineral Fibre cavity products available
- Minimal disruption at the time of install properties left clean and tidy.
- 10-year cavity guarantee
- Family company with over 40 years industry experience
- Increase energy rating of your properties (EPC)
- Hassle Free – Let Absolute Solar do all the work in saving you money from your energy bills.
* Source: Energy Saving Trust 2018. Based on an un-insulated detached property installing Cavity Wall Insulation and Loft Insulation.
** Subject to availability and funding and the tenant and property meeting the required criteria set by energy suppliers and Ofgem. Please call Absolute Solar to see if you’re eligible for a grant.